- The following, provided that they support its objectives, may be allowed observer status in the IAPL:
- Individual lawyers who do not belong to any organization, law firm or institution of lawyers;
- Individual lawyers who belong to any organization, law firm or institution of lawyers but who can not or do not represent such entities in the IAPL;
- Organizations or institutions of non-lawyers other than those referred to in paragraph 7 of Article IV and who are primarily and directly involved in human rights work and advocacy.
- Observers shall have no voting rights but may participate in the proceedings of the General Assembly.